Restomod Helm E-type JWW review on Youtube

… One of my favorite parts of the video!

My biggest beef? Sits way too high in the front.

Agreed Wiggles but we know how to fix that right?

That WAS one of the things I wasn’t wild about…

1 Like

Some nice work here although I don’t like all of it. Interesting car and fun to watch…

1 Like

Well, awwwwrighty then!

That’s a mark of masculinity that has completely escaped me, all these decades… :blush:

He puts a British twist to the story…BUT , He gets MILLIONS of views…per video. THATS A PLUS for all of us…There is a trend, they are coming around.
GTJOEY1314

1 Like

Really nice overall but I did not like the interior too much. The stock interior is much better in my opinion. I did not like the over use of HELM at so many places especially at the expense of the Growler. Much of the genius of the E-type is that it is so striking inside and out without being busy. The bumpers are really good. The exhaust tips don’t look right without the kink to point them out horizontal but maybe I have spent too much time staring at mine.

David
68 E-type FHC

1 Like

I think just picking up a couple of ideas its worth the watch…

Helms should pair with Chip Foose and see what other abominations they could come up with.

Comparing this car to a Foose car seems pretty unfair to me.

I think Joey makes a good point about bringing in younger enthusiasts…there are currently enough bone-stock E-types to go around, and the “change anything and you’re a bastard” attitude will only help to ensure there’s going to be a surplus of them in the coming years.

They don’t all have to look the same…

1 Like

Foose is one thing, this is another…remember its a bespoke car…I never really thought about removing the REAR OVERIDERS, it looks real slick…
gtjoey1314

1 Like

I’ve seen it before, but I believe the “open” ends of the bumpers were just sort of welded shut, and chromed.

Bringing them to a taper at the inside edge gives a very clean look.

Yeah Im liking that but dont get the exhaust end. Thats what makes it a conversation piece.

Completely unfair.

It’s purista-ism at work.

The average person these days would be just as bowled over by the Helm (and yes, they over-identified it, as such) as by a “pure” E Type.

In any case, Helm drove a Mercury station wagon…:joy:

1 Like

You didn’t think anyone would catch that, did you?

1 Like

Not a comparison. A suggestion. I don’t think either artist improves on the original. Each attempts to gild the lily.

Not try, do…

3 Likes

That Clayton AC is not going to work too well if its drawing in air from the engine bay, not to mention fumes??

Paul

2 Likes

Boy that sure is clean without the overiders in the rear…
gtjoey1314
Larry what size tires and wheels?

Those are the old run-of-the-mill 205/70 15’s. The “trick” is the exact offset for our car and everything clears. My experience is NOT the same as wire wheel guys. The wheels are 6 inch width, by the way. I often thought a 195/75 15 would be best for our cars, but of course we don’t drive trailers and have access to Euro tires for delivery vans either.

1 Like

Those alloys don`t look too bad , and must save loads of weight compared to the wires - every time I have to lift the spare out of the boot I think " These ba****s weigh an absolute ton "

1 Like