Restomod Helm E-type JWW review on Youtube

I love the aesthetics of painted, centerlaced wire wheels.

They give a sort of period, understated racing vibe without being “boy racer”.

Do you have any additional pics of that car? Are you saying it has 215’s on the rear, and they don’t have interference issues?

1 Like

Well all my Mws wheels have taken less than
1 ounce
Compared to Dayton’s it’s night and day.
I think this will be the correct way
Back to those bumper delete ove riders
Ppppplease who the hell sells them they look wonderful
Ps James did you cut out your bump stops or just grind them down?

[quote=“j_limongelli, post:63, topic:401699, full:true”]
Well all my Mws wheels have taken less than
1 ounce
Compared to Dayton’s it’s night and day.

…same for my fairly current Daytons. I believe their quality is easily on a par with MWS, which are currently made in India if I remember correctly. .I know that Dayton had a low point for a period, but their current stainless spoke tubeless wheels are flawless in my experience.

Agreed
Keep your jag don’t sell
Millennials are cashing stocks for Etypes😍

LoL…one video, and you’ve done a total U-turn on what you’ve been saying for the last 2 years? :joy:

Sarcasm …it’s 2 feet of snow we are in the middle of who knows what and I was making a path for my dog😞
No the Etype is dead but let’s have fun😀
Sarcasm again but the prices are tanking

Speaking of understated, racing vibes on painted wire wheels, this just popped up in my Instagram feed :heart_eyes:

Notice the glowing discs…

1 Like

That’s the way Michael Quinn has his for Goodwood too
It looks wicked black with brg paint on the body!
Another guy did a mark 1 murder blacked out with the black wheels it looks really good
Wigs I ordered the sweater thanks👍🏾

I haven’t got any bumpstops! I dont eat much either, just to save the springs.

The rear exhaust under the IRS takes a battering every now and again.

Once you have a few hundred miles under your belt the stainless wheels and the silver ones look pretty black anyway! Especially at the front.

James what tires you running

The Silver one has 205 XWXs (Michelin), The Cream one has 215 XWXs, This Sherwood Green one has 205 Blockleys, on 6 inch Hallewell Competition triple laved Silver Wheels.

Sherwood

This is for the macho, retro look. For the connoisseur.

A Hallewell, triple laced silver painted 7 inch rim with a Dunlop Racing Tyre (6.50 L -15).

They only just fit and it is what many of the racing boys use, so not insurable on the road.

Apparently!

This one has a very well know owner.

Dunlop 6.50 L-15

I had 6.50L15’s on Dunlop mag wheels when I had the lightweight. Those were peg drive, no idea how you could possibly work them off splined hubs unless the fenders were flared. I used to run 225-60/15’s on the street car, with 6" Dayton wires. I was just able to get them on and off in the rear, with a little this and that.

This year, I’m hearing folks wax poetic about 185R15’s, so I bought a set of Vredesteins. I sure hope they live up to the hype. But if I hate them a lot, someone else can have them. I’m at an age where the next tires I buy could be my last, and I intend to love the drive.

At the moment, I have to say, the Vred’s stink. They literally stink. I have them in the basement waiting to mount before the season. And the reeking scent of the rubber is overwhelming. Can’t wait to get them out of the house.

Vintage Dunlops on painted wire wheels is a good look on just about any 60’s sports car.

1 Like

Mike thats funny…
James im leaning xwx 205/70/15 on the triple lace comp 6 inch, they will look REAL Borani looking.
gtjoey1314

… be the PERFECT size for the front of the Jeepster…:grimacing:

Mike, If you liked the dunlops, Im not sure your going to like the 185’s.
Its going back in time, I love the feel but…
gtjoey1314
P.S. I set them at 28 and they heat up to 30…is the sweet spot in the winter…set at 30 , 32 is to hard and less patch on the road .IMHO
GTJOEY1314

Wonderful. They’ll be sitting in my garage under the house, off or on the car.

Thanks,Joey. Your enthusiasm for the 185’s was key here, so no going back now. Eight hundred bucks worth of skinny tires await spring. Here’s what you need:

1 Like

Remember, Mike when we were young, and drivers were fat but the tires were skinny?

:joy: