Rhd headlamps for Spanish ITV

Hello you all.
After a 4 year stop due to a radiator and cooling system renewal today I took my xjs for a ride to the itv ( Spanish technical inspection). I’m looking forward to retirement so I can spend more time underneath my jag…
I proudly was told that everything was working properly, and that the car was gorgeous.
However, I had the same issue with the left front light as I had years ago.
It happens that I had to renew the Right hand headlamp due to a crack, and the only one I could find was one from UK (RHD), which is not valid in Europe for the beam points slightly upwards.
I am looking for an European spare, but find none.
The guy at the ITV suggested modifying the lens, by cutting or bending it, which is not possible for its crystal.
The other option could be to adhere a black sticker on the lens, but I need the pattern.
I’m pretty convinced that the guy won’t show much concern on whatever solution, for he showed very helping.

Any more ideas?
Does anyone have these patterns?

Thank you!,

Just go to e-bay or similar and you will find a plethora of UK to Europe lens stickers.

1 Like

As per Aristo’s response above.

Alternatively, have you got pre or facelift model???

Thanks Aristides. I’ll look more carefully.

Thanks Janusz.
It is a ‘89 prefacelift

Why not buying glass lid only? Can’t see any difference between:

Uk:

EU:

Consider that reflecting surfaces in XJS headlamps are usually corroded.

I have refurbed mine, set to correct height - just to face grief from other drivers on the road. Lowered headlamps down to maximum, still stopped by Police. All sorted after I’ve lowered front suspension/raised back - outside of standard ride height. Guessing these were always too strong when new, regardless of beam shape/cut-off line…

The left/right hand drive bias will be in the reflector, not the lens. If you can find a lens or a crook light off a left hand drive car and figure out how to separate the lens (it will be some form of adhesive, might take a bit of patience to get it off), you should then be able to replace the lens. I’m about to do the same with mine in order to get the reflector re-silvered and since I’ve been given two separate quotes for the re-silvering, I know that it must be able to be done. I have done it before on an X-Type.
p.s. it’s not up or down, it’s left or right bias on dipped beam. Vertical adjustment should be the same regardless. If the vertical adjusters are broken, I did find replacements for that on ebay a few years ago.