Roof lining colour

Hi Eric
I don’t believe I do. My car doesn’t live with me but I should be taking it out for a spin later this week. I’ll get some shots for you.

I like the color combination. It seems to suite the willow green exterior.

Dave

2 Likes

thank you ! trying to decide , i have Made a choice on changing interior color from beige to black . Im leaning more towards the dark grey but would ike to see the beige . It seems My headliner main area came out of the car in one piece as its adhered to a piece of what appears to be moulded foam . It would almost be perfect if i could simply recover over existing material as i fear trying to remove the existing would prob destroy the backing .

1 Like

That looks pretty from here! If the centre piece is unbroken then you could just recover it ….that interior looks good to me why are you changing it?

Well it started w the carpets , they are in pretty bad shape w stains , etc plus the person who installed the carpets looked like they hacked them with a kitchen knife. I was trying to decide on sticking w biscuuit carpets but a bit too light for my taste, so samples of the cinamon and tan were considered. Additionally , there are few panels that are in bad shape and after ordering sample colors , my biscuit interior appears it has been dyed and some of it looks l more Gravey than Biscuit… :wink: nothing comes close to the new panels due to dye and or fading… Ive been partial to the black so for now i am going to dye my panels and seat black. new carpets and a few pieces too . Im still considering keeping the beige headliner just wondering how it will look wit the new black interior and black exterior …

1 Like

I rather like the Fairlady underneath the upholstery… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Car looks very pretty

I finally remembered to get some photos.

2 Likes

Thank you that is excellent, it just solidified my decision to leave mine as the beige as well. Its in great shape and your photos and a few others i found on BAT confirmed it looks great.( suprisibg actually when you look at listing phots , how many never even show headliner shots) Also gave my GF a good Christmas gift idea. Mota Lita…:wink::rofl:

1 Like

Looks great…good job. We (wife and I) are installing the headliner now, 11/25/22 on our all black interior…still on a rotisserie so turned the body upside down, bought material, silver, from Santa Barbara…local upholstery supply in Phoenix for $11 per yard. Fiber board in great shape…did not remove it…could have but would have damaged it…used spray on “SPRAYWAY FAST TACK 92” @ $12 per 13 oz can takes 2 cans. Used this product over the last 10 years and it works in high heat (Phoenix). Lay the headliner material out cut leaving extra 7 inches…fold in half spray both sides center section…wait 5 minutes and spread material out ( because the material is only $11/ yard then a do- over is not a big issue)…then do the sides leaving 1 inch undone (no glue)to tuck under the headers…then do the headers then instal the cantrails
Mitch and Vicki

Thanks Mitch but I can’t take credit for it. The interior, except for the dash pad, is all original.
Dave

Hello Mitch,
I tried the inverted car method only the one time and didn’t find it as good a method as having the right way up, which was a bit surprising, as upside down seem more intuitive. Being able to get into the car (with it right way up) was the big difference for me.

I use three lengths of electrical conduit, each, circa the width from left to right cant rails, suspended circa 6" down from the cant rails. Once the glue is applied to the inside surface of the turret and the Headlining material, the Headlining is fed into place and supported by the three lengths of conduit.

Regards,

Bill

I always thought mine was grey but maybe is faded beige and 50 years of dirt. I am pretty sure this is the same headliner that left Coventry.

David
68 E-type FHC

1 Like

I’ve a friend of mine, here in the Denver area, who purchased his '67 2000, brandy new: he still have it and it’s in near-perfect shape.

The personalized plate reads, DEADLY.

:grinning:

I kinda lust after those fairlady’s the shape is just really appealing

2 Likes

Yes mine was also grey. They tend to yellow with age, but original colour could still be seen on the concealed folded over bits behind the strip panel above the windscreen.