Rubber seal doors

Hi guys… Someone knows what is the ideal glue for rubber door (seal)…but I want a glue that allows me to remove them one day without damaging them …the silicone is good ???

I used TESA 4965 tesafix double sided tape. Got a hint from this forum. It was great: no mess, no hurry at install due to drying glue. It has been in use now 18 years and worked well.
No idea if it (still) is available where ever you live. Back those days a forum member made a group order and delivered it to us. See:
http://www.elisanet.fi/kopik/jag/restor03.htm
Köpi

1 Like

I am not sure if my issue is the same as above but…I took out the door frames of my 62 Mark 2 to replace the felt. I bought some felt from Moss but … (1) it is thinner than the original felt I just took out, (2) it has a sticky bottom side which (once the tape is removed) is darn near impossible to position correctly, (3) it seems inferior and thinner than the ‘original’ felt I removed from the car and (4) the felt from the vertical side of the frame had what appeared to be molded rubber behind it for the first 6 inches from the top of the frame.

I can awkwardly assemble it and give it a whirl but I sense I will have a bad seal and wind noise. Has anyone had experience with changing felt? I am tempted to experiment with some Land Rover window felt I see online which looks better engineered than the thin and rather cheap glue backed felt I just bought from Moss.
on another topic…the window winder spring in the door creaks no matter how much wire brushing, penetrant, or spray oil I use. (I tried cussing at it but that has not worked either…) I would replace the whold spring and window winder but it does not come up as a replaceable part. Does anyone have experience in this area? Thanks in advance, Tommyrae

1 Like