Rusting on the rear driverside window

Do the sunroof drains go over the small window on the side? I have caulked the chrome pieces but rust continues, is it possible my sunroof drain is broken in there.

I’m not absolutely certain but I think the sunroof drains run down inside the front ‘A’ pillars, my old Sovereign had a sunroof and both ‘A’ pillars rusted out on it, I was told at the time it was because of the sunroof drains so when I came to replace it I searched for a car without one.
I remember seeing the two drain holes in the perimeter of the recess where the sunroof sits and think they were towards the front.

Casso, you are absolutely correct! The drain tubes run down the A pillars and exit inside the wheel wells on both sides of the car. You can see the ends of the rubber drain tubes in these pictures:

Fairly sure there are rear drain holes as well, check the front area of the rear wheel arches, I think you will find tubes there.

Drains run through the A pillar, hoses come out behind the front wheels
You should see a hose sticking out behind the front wheels, if not, take the trim around the front wheels off and fix it, big chance it causes rust there.
Big chance the drains are blocked, easiest way, but messy, stick an air gun in the hose near the wheels.

Before you start fixing the rust, make sure your drains are ok.

Weed eater line works pretty good if not better. Its also good for clearing the fuel cap drain.

1 Like

my concerns are with the rear drain routing.