S1 3.8 Glove box question

Scot,
On closer inspection I found the rivets, they are so small I missed them!
I looked up the glovebox in Haddock and Mueller’s “Jaguar E-Type Six-Cylinder Originality Guide” and could not find any reference when the change over to rivets happened.

IMG_2008|666x500

!

It’s weird, mine actually only has two screws also, despite the parts manual listing. I do have some Resto photos which I intend scanning and uploading to xkedata at some stage, just haven’t got to it. Was a fairly light resto - paint and reupholster. Mechanically not much except full brake rebuild and swap out after 13 yrs of the Marston radiator when it started leaking a bit much😬. Mind you, it was 45 years old at that point!
The dash area is only tidied up, pretty much original but with a retrimmed dashpad, so pretty confident this was the way it was built. There were a few small splits in the vinyl on the corners, and my recollection was I used some bondo mixed through with black liquid shoe polish and I used a toothpick to carefully fill the splits. May have the shoe polished the whole thing. To this day I can barely spot the repair. Sometimes the simplest approach is the best!

Thanks for the picture Jim. We now see that rivets were used as early as Feb. 1963. And with Dave’s car, early Nov. 1963, it had screws if one assumes the car was built that way. If the nuts to which the screws are attached are spire nuts (those flat spring type nuts I’m guessing), then that might validate a change was made.
I’ve search Haddock and Mueller as well as Porter and Haddock’s first book and I find no reference to any changes in the cubby mounting. Maybe I’ll send Haddock a letter.
Please let me know when you upload pics Dave.