S2 Accelerator Pedal Bend Angle

My replacement pedal is flat, although the one that came with my OTS had a banana curve to it (and worn hinge). I’d like to bend the new pedal at the correct point to the correct angle, which I hear is more sharp. Can someone please provide these measurements? Thanks for your help!

This topic has come up before about bent pedal. I am original owner of a 70 FHC, no bend. Father had a 69 2+2 no bend also. Have seen them with a slight bow that I believe happened from a heavy foot pushing off to get out of car?
That’s my story
Glenn

1 Like

view of mine from the side; Jan 1969 build-FHC
I can trace the shape if you would like?

Thanks Steve and Glenn for your replies. Steve - yours looks a lot like the one that came on my car, a gradual curve, but the bend is lower than mine. I have researched the archives, and the parts manual. The S2 parts manual shows a pedal for OTS and Coupe with a sharper bend about 2/3 of the way up. It also shows a flat pedal for 2+2s, which is confirmed by the archive comments in general. I have heard a flat pedal may interfere, and not hit WOT in an S2 OTS or coupe (not that I intend this action Mr. Hagerty). I’m just trying to get it close to factory correct. Again, thanks to all for input, photos.

Not sure why it would interfere, the sheet metal under it is straight, I’m going to guess that 50 years of mashing it in the middle leaves it with a bend. BTW my 69 OTS with 36K miles is flat.

my 33K mile car ( in family since '74) has a flat pedal. aug 69 build S2 OTS.

When I look at the XKEBooks parts list it shows just the opposite, a flat pedal in the OTS and a pedal with a slight crease near the top for a 2+2

Bob F

For reference, mine is a one owner car and the pedal appears original

Early cars had a ‘bent’ pedal, that is abundantly documented on xke.data: mine was one, and it was an original pedal.