Sandcast Carburetors

I preferred “crash cars”…the things would fly apart when crashed into each other, then would snap back together for more mayhem. Could you imagine the thinking behind that as a toy?

LOVED mine! I’m sure it’s in a landfill, somewhere…:persevere:

The body number on the black painted carb is AUC 6040 for the pair no other numbers on the body’s at all , i pulled the top off # 3283/1 P.D.C. On the inside of both . The flout bowls no numbers on the out side under the lid P.D.C.2 I can send photos tomorrow can’t attach them from this device.
LOL if you boys are done playing with your toys you can reply

Another carb # AUC 7081 W on the body , on the flang next to the manifold is 010 there is a Z stamped on the top and the float bowl is AUC 2009M on the inside of the carb is AUG 2060 .

Smash, bash, crash em up. Put em back again.

Memories

I grew up with Meccano in NZ in the '60s!

Roger:

Yep, grew up with a Meccano set as a kid back in the UK in the fifties (guess that dates me!). Also, interestingly, in the days when I smoked a pipe “Erinmore” was my tobacco of choice, although the mixture not the flake. However, I went the artist route not the engineer.

Chris.

Here are Photos of Carb #1 black body 4 more to follow

Carb # 2

20201202_202212|375x500

Carb # 3

Carb #3 may be off a Mini.

Carb # 4

5 Float bowl only and one of my toys . its a little bigger than Robs dinky toy .

Kevin,

Carb 1, black body H6 with AUC6040 X as before is most probably Bentley or Lagonda being only H6 applications with a black body - assuming it is original and not someone else’s efforts, but cant identify it exactly without advice/detail of a suffix number that is usually etched adjacent to the raised cast AUC6040X which I cant see in your photos and indeed may well be covered by black paint anyway… The X actually denotes that AUC6040 is only the part number of the basic body casting, with the etched suffix denoting what machining/assembly has been done to casting to suit its intended application, so need this suffix to identify exactly what it is…, and then determine what the original completed carburetter was, and thus comment about the other pictured components - presumably OK, but again these H6 are easily mixed/matched…

Carb 2 This is not an H6, and indeed looks more like an H4, but regardless I dont have any prepared part number identification summary for anything other than H6 and H8 carburetters, so would need to spend time in my books to identify the visible body casting AUC7081 W

Carb 3 shows its specification tag AUD.15 so if that is indeed original tells me that it is the identification tag for an HS2 carburetter as fitted to an early 1960s AUSTIN MINI COOPER, so identified but being an HS2 carburetter I would need to delve into my books to confirm all identified parts are indeed correct parts of an AUD.15 specification carburetter …

Carb 4 shows a specification tag AUC976 so again if original, denotes being another HS2 carburetter as fitted to Austin or Morris Mini or other badges on same car (Riley Elf or Wolseley Hornet), but the laws of probability most likely just the basic Morris Mini from again early 1960s…

Roger

Kevin,

Further to Rogers analysis I can add the following:
Carburetor AUD15 (Rear and Front) is used on the Cooper 997 cc period 1961-1962
Carburetor AUC 976 is used on the Austin/Morris Mini 850 in the period 1961-1968.

Bob K.

Gentleman ,Thank you all , for identifying all of the parts. anyone that may be looking for any of theses parts please keep me in mind.
Kevin