Scratch topic/test topic for Pre- XK forum

Use this topic to have a go at posting with the new software. Don’t ask questions in this topic though, my intention is to delete this topic once people have had a bit of practice.

Think of it as that big lump of angle iron under the bench which you keep for checking the welder settings.

Don’t be shy, try posting pictures, video, documents etc, and use it to figure out how the new text editing features (smilies, bold, italic, paragraph formatting, quotations) work.

The point of the practice piece is that you can hammer, bash, weld, file and etch it as you like until you’ve gained enough confidence to start adding content to new or existing threads.

I have set this to be sticky until Jan1 2017, after that I will probably delete it

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I’ll put my hand up and see how I go…

heres a pic of my MKV going to the trimmers for a new interior…
https://goo.gl/photos/b2D4QQofnWupEFJm8

And heres a pic of some of the good work by Grant

https://goo.gl/photos/veRsSqhgVseruCB1A

Cheers,
Jon.

Test for adding photos…

Test message.
Andrew, in that top hat you look just like Isambard Kingdom Brunel.

Deceptive isn’t it?

All I had to do was shave a gap in the middle of my eyebrow.

This thread needs an E-Type.

Pics are part of it guys. How about the rest of it? I’ll hand out one virtual “attaboy” for everyone who manages to quote or like a previous message, plus half attaboys for bold, italic and such. Bullet or number lists are also worthy of a pat on the back.
I know the lump of angle Iron under the bench isn’t as pretty as a freshly washed and waxed car, but practice makes perfect.
Anyone who edits one of their previous posts gets a “King Propellorhead” T Shirt.

Well I failed with editing my previous posting. Do I get a T shirt for adding a table?

Peter :blush:
[color=black]

SS Jaguar 2½litre   Derby Bentley	 SS Jaguar 3½ litre

Price	        £395	        £1510       	     £445
Length	        15' 6"	        16' 0"	             15' 6"
Width	        5' 6"	        5' 8"	             5' 6"
Weight	        32 cwt	        34 cwt	             32 cwt
Max Speed       87 mph	        88 mph	             91 mph
0 -60 mph	17.0 sec	17.1 sec	     15.4 sec
0 -50 mph	10.6 sec	12.7 sec	     9.0 sec
0-30 mph	4.7 sec	        4.9 sec	             4.1 sec
30-50 in top	9.4 sec	        8.0 sec	             8.5 sec
30-50 in third	8.1 sec  	6.6 sec    	     7.7 sec
mph/1000rpm	20.16 mph	22.12 mph	     21.34 mph
Test mpg	19 mpg	        17.5 mpg	     17 mpg

[/color]

What is that red doing in the middle of an otherwise perfectly good table?

I’m not about to give away my collection of T Shirts with perfect SU bell diameter circles on the stomach part for nothing, I’ll have you know!.

Until I learn how to edit a previous post those red bits are staying.

Peter :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hint:

Click on the , the toolbar expands to:

The pencil is the edit function.

Well in other forums the editing function offers font colour but I don’t see that option here.

Peter

Two questions arise:

1. How did you make your table text red in the first place?
  2. Just how much do you really want a King Propellorhead T Shirt?

Try googling “discourse coloured text”

Nope! That doesn’t work.

I don’t know why they turned red. I just copied the table from my website.
http://www.nostalgiatech.co.uk/ss_jaguar.htm

Ah… then the answer is quite simple. The problem stems from the other site. Please contact the administrator there.

(You don’t really want that shirt, do you?)

I guess I can live without T shirt or explanation. (I’m the admin for “the other site” and there is no problem there.)

Peter :sunglasses:

My best guess is that something went wrong in Markdown, BBcode, or HTML when you copied the table over from the other site.

(I’m still getting used to the idea that I can now use bold, italics, quotes and such on the new site.)

But since you’ve volunteered…

Have a look at https://www.bbcode.org/ and give us a quick synopsis of how to use it.

[color=red]An example without the complication of tables[/color]

Italic

I don’t think JL responds to all BBC.

Peter

Trying a bit more experimenting… Just added an image to my “User Card Background” - My old bike, pre restoration.
and added a separate image to my “Profile Background” - Image of me taking the MkV for it’s first drive in 30 years,

Not sure if anyone can see these - they dont appear in the Preview window…

jon