Seat Memory Problem 1995 XJ6VP

I’m trying to get the seat memory to work on a 95 XJ6. I removed the seat memory module out of my 97 XJ6 (which works perfectly) & put it into the 95. I thought I had found the problem because the memory worked perfectly in the 95 (with the 97 memory module) and using the stored seat postions from the 97. The problem came when I tried to reprogram it. I pressed the memory button. It lights up and chirps to confirm the system has accepted the new seat positions BUT when pressing the “1” , the seat does nothing. If I press “2” or “3” the seat moves fine from the 97 stored memory. By working in 2 or 3 perfectly, I assume the seat poidentors (sp) are fine. What is the problem when the system confirms the new memory but the seat is “dead”?

I have spent hours researching but no answers!

Richard

I uploaded THOUSANDS of TSBs to interweb forums and GUS has them on his site.
The sensors are VERY pricey and the labor can be also.
I repaired dozens under Jaguar new car warranty but VERY FEW customer pay.
The sensors were about $300 each and there are 5 per seat.
The labor is about 5 hours so the repair bill would be around $2000 so many customers declined the repair.

Follow the procedure we used at the dealer that Jaguar issued nearly 20 years ago.

15-21 Seat Memory Functions – Inoperative.pdf (20.8 KB)
15-50 Front Seat Memory – Potentiometers.pdf (69.4 KB)

bob

Bob,

Thanks for the pdfs.

Having worked on many if these at the dealership, can you help me understand why the seat memory in the 95 will work perfectly if I put the 97 module in it. The problem is the memory will not work in the 95 using the 97 module when I re-program it. Im confused because the sensors (and everything else) works perfectly if the module was programmed in the 97 & put into the 95. When programing the 97 module in the 95, the system “chirps” to let me know the system supposedly is working correctly.

Thanks.

Richard

So, have you tried programming position 2 or 3? Maybe the switch input circuit is wonky?