Seats redo-Moss Classic Jaguar supplied lumbar strap "kit"

Can anyone supply instructions as to how this “kit” is to be put together? Nothing at all like the straps being removed. (The ends that would connect to the seat back frame. So many pieces.) TIA

I gave up and sent them back.

Instead I made mine from a pair of flat bungees using the hooks that were on them, just shortened them to the correct length.

1 Like

The bits from Moss that I couldn’t make heads nor tails of:

Here are the bungees I used:

Shortened the straps, then sewed it up. Cut the hooks off and rotated what was left 180° to have a loop of metal for the original attachment hooks to grab:

Zip-tied it back a bit until the foam and covers were in place, then cut it loose:

BTW - The trick of using a ShopVac on the plastic bag makes it a cinch to get the cover on & off – especially helpful if you are sculpting your own foam & padding and have to do several trial fit:

Did you remove the plastic bag after the final fitting or did you leave it in place?

Remove it. Reach in and tear the bag apart and it can be removed relatively easily. Worked like a champ for me.

1 Like

Me too. I think you want the innards to breathe plus it might make funny sounds if left in there.

1 Like