Series 1.5 seats

Are there any aftermarket racing seats that will fit into a 1968 series 1.5 e-type? Also, are the series 2 seats with a headrest interchangeable with the series 1.5 non-headrest seats?
Thanks

Hi there, welcome aboard, 2+2, good choice.

I’m just about positive the seats from a 1.5 will interchange with those from a Series II.

Regarding racing seats, I think it’s going to be a matter of measuring the width, depth and height of the Jaguar seats and finding something of similar size. In any event, you will most likely have to either adapt the new seats to the Jaguar seat rails or fabricate an alternative mounting system.

As John stated, you’ll have to take measurements, and create your own fastening system.

Places that offer a good selection of race seats are Pegasus Racing, Summit Racing, Speedway Motors, and JEGS.

Jeff,

I wanted race style bucket seats in my 1.5 E-Type like you, but could not find anything on the market that suited.
So I decided make up my own seats with the look of the fifties Jaguar race cars.

I use the original seat runners. Covered the seats in some nice soft Italian leather.
They are quite comfortable and work with seat belts also.

5 Likes

…and they’re RED!!!

Most excellent!

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I really want to have seats with a headrest. The issue with the seats is that the inside corners are angled to accommodate the center drive tunnel. I guess I’ll have to wait until I have the interior further along and see how far to the front they have to be to give me the proper leg distance to reach the pedals and use that width for the front width. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

1 Like

If you have the skills to fabricate seats like that, then you have the skills to engineer in headrests!

One option several have pursued is to use seats from an NA or NB Miata.

1 Like

Hi Jeff,
I have a 1968 FHC and I am putting Series 2 seats with headrest in it. I bought a pair on Ebay needing reupholstery. They are not cheap. I will be sending them to GTS for a little sculpting in a little more side support. This is their link: https://www.classiccarseats.com .
GTS seats does mostly Porsche seats, but they have a great selection of vintage style seats. I am sure some of them will fit in a jag. Good luck with your project.
Bill.