Series 1 ignition switch bezel

Good morning,
While trying to take care of a few little issues on MIK (64 FHC) I noticed the ignition switch was kind of loose. I tried to tighten it only to find the bezel was glued on as it’s threads were long since gone. Has anyone had any luck finding the correct bezel for the switch? The regulars seem to carry only the chromed nut which is what I found in MIK’s spares, but it’s kinda like a boil on an otherwise pretty face IMO.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers,
LLynn

Lynn,

I’m confused… There’s a bezel? I thought there was just a nut, perhaps with a thin washer behind it?

What does this bezel look like?

Regards,
Ray L.

Central%20cluster%20front%20view
My ignition switch ('63) looks like the rounded bezels that attach the toggle switches only larger.

That is what I refer to as the “nut” - it’s the screw-on thing that holds the switch to the panel, right? Lynn says: “The regulars seem to carry only the chromed nut”. Chromed nut? Bezel? What’s the difference? My car has only a chromed nut.

Regards,
Ray L.

It’s just a circular chromed brass nut with two slots and a thin wave washer underneath, And because the ignition switch is not keyed, it needs to be quite tight.

There is one that looks like a large hex nut

Yeah, my car has the HEX kind. But, looking online, a whole new switch doesn’t cost much, and you have your choice of HEX or round. Which is “correct” for a '64?

Regards,
Ray L.

Thanks everyone for helping to clarify the piece that I need, looking at the usuals they only have the hexagonal bezel/nut for the series one switch. The round ones that I saw were for the S 2 cars with the 3 position switch and are a smaller nut/bezel that won’t fit.

Thanks Ya’ll,
Cheers,
LLynn

I’d contact someplace that has a lot of used parts, Lynn like Welsh, or two sellers on Ebay,

https://www.ebay.com/usr/max071492?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

https://www.ebay.com/usr/siestasun?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

My '66 S1 FHC is round, one position switch