Series 2 fuse for fan

Hi series 2 on carbs
can some one tell me witch fuse is for the heater fan in the car
mine has stopped working

Thanks

Follow the fan wiring to find the fuse.

Walter

Do you want him to dismantle the entire car?
35A left or right footwell probably.

Walt … always good to hear from you … ahem … you’re aware you just answered a nine-year-old question;-)

But the holidays and excessive eating have played worse tricks on myself before:-)

Best

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

Oct 13 means 13. Oktober 2022 so 3 months old, it says so above his response.

Thanks for the clarification, David! In fact, I mistook the indication for “October 2013”. Guess this was one of the tricks I was writing about:-(

Nevertheless, have a good start into the upcoming year!

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

Hi,

It depends. The AC and fan fuses are 50A IIRC, at least on my carb’ed 1975 XJ6C. The fuse bix was melted in the bottom part of the fure box where the AC fuse is when I bought it in April 2007.

That is the weakest spot of the S2 cars IMHO, aka Achille’s heel. After a decade of constant battle I made a by-pass with an on-line fure fir the AC. No trouble since. Before that I had to fiddle with the AC and fan fuses while driving every now and then. YMMV.

Cheers!

From memory it’s 50A fast, 35A continuous? Modern fuses need to be converted, a 50A fast blow should not be replaced by a modern 50A etc.

The S2 and 3 fuseboxes are a huge disappointment, these little details let down otherwise great cars. New fuse boxes are one of the few upgrades that are worth it.
Happy new year!

1 Like