Series 3 door mirror glass replacement

Hi Gary, I know I’m five years late ( sorry) but do you still have those XJ power mirrors? If so, I’m in Australia and I’m interested. How’s that for optimism ? Next , you have a photo with the mirror glass and the mechanism exposed. How do I do that please ? I just cannot see how to get ‘behind the mirror’. Many thanks. Peter Henery, Melbourne

Hi Peter,
If you are interested I have a pair of SIII mirrors.

I successfully fitted a pair of power-folds to my current VDP (they would have been standard in the UK) but have a single used one spare if you find none.

Gary has probably lost interest by now with his newer XJ. He said something about hooking one up to the bidet to facilitate regular perineum checks without cricking his neck

3 Likes

Thanks Peter. Gary has responded. We’ll see where it leads. Peter H.

Hi Aristides, Thankyou for your reply. I’m looking for the mirrors, the mounting pads , the mounting screws and the internal control panel. What parts do you have ? Regards , Peter Henery.

For what it’s worth: Series 3 E-type V12 replacement glass for the door mirror - BURCO 2122. Just purchased one from AutoZone. It’s for 70’s MOPAR cars; that’s where Jaguar sourced the mirror! Haven’t looked for an XJS replacement mirror glass but they probably have it, maybe under another application.
The mirror glass is held in place with two small strip dabs of black RTV. No way to access the back of the glass so the mirror must be broken to remove from the metal frame. The RTV will easily scrape off the frame then reapply some RTV, maneuver the glass into place, tape up and let cure for 24 hours. Good as new.

Happy Trails, Dick

I think I have all of them.
I will take some photos and send you a PM.

Apologies. Wrong Gary, wrong power-folds, wrong forum. I’ll get me coat…

1 Like

Hey, I didn’t say anything. But I guess you noticed me rollin’ me eyes, huh? :laughing:

Cheerio!

Yeah, Four year old thread caught me out! I

f my memory was as long as your hair or Breyer’s, I’d be alright :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many thanks Aristides … my email is ‘henery2@optusnet.com.au’.

Peter Henery

Melbourne.

~WRD000.jpg

Some time ago, I fixed the cracked passenger side mirror on my Jeep and the passenger side mirror in my daughter’s VW Passat.

I found a source on line for the mirrors. And the sealer/glue to install. I left the cracked glass in place an merely glued the new glass to the old. worked perfectly, and is virtually undetectable. The glass is handed… Beware…