Shiny cam covers

Blingy enough for me. Still one or two deeper dings, I didn’t want to remove enough material to make perfect and I am only trying to make a tidy looking car.

2 Likes

That looks good Jim. (My workmate is in a similar condition!)

Looks good, can you tell us the steps you took and the materials to get it that nice. Thanks

Did you use corn starch as the final polish? It makes it perfect!

As an aside, I don’t believe lifting brackets are correct for 140…especially if you use standard head studs…too short. Plenty of shine for my tastes…just gotta paint in the badges and oil cap.

Lifting brackets… I am going for practicality over originality. I have bought new head studs including the four longer ones.
When I can find the breather cover I can do a little video on polishing . I used an orbital sander of varying grits down to 500 with a bit by hand in the corners.
I have polishing mops and polishes of different grades as used in jewellery, mounted in an electric drill. Finished off with a hand polish with Tcut

Original lifting brackets were not polished. They look nice polished but would incur an inauthentic penalty under JCNA Concours Rules.

Try using the corn starch: you’ll be AAAAAMAZED!