"Smart" Gauge Project Status

And don’t you dare have a buggerd nut on your intake manifold, you’ll never hear the end of it!
:slight_smile:
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like

Blame David Fey for that…did you change out the nut yet?

:rofl:

No, he’s the one in Keenesville!
:joy::joy::joy:

Who you calling crooked, that was my dads solicitor, crook by name and crook by nature :poop: yeh I need to get some blue tack under the frames. I had just finished wallpapering and rehanging them.

1 Like

What ever happened to this project? I enjoyed reading of the progress and functionality.

I think it was a forest fire that sidetracked Ray’s excellent project, at least in part.

:frowning:

What another one!
He and Willey Coyote are the only ‘super genius’ sure he can figure a way around this.

Back to topic… Ray that is more than very impressive it’s wonderful use of technology and ingenuity … I’m sure you’ll get take up… but not for me I’m for analog even with all the foibles and inaccuracies… but that is just me…

Still in the queue, but side-tracked the last few months by higher priority activities (that I mostly did not even want to do…). Haven’t even had time to assemble the first set of PCBs I received months ago.

1 Like

It looks like one of the Cosworth Vega guys is attempting something similar. Best I can tell he is going with screen displays that look like the original gauge faces. He has added a thousand RPM to the tach and 30 MPH to the speedometer. Maybe he is anticipating it for Cosworth EA engine type performance. I know he is building a hot motor for his car with more modern EFI and ignition systems.

May be an image of indoor

David
68 E-type FHC

Hey Ray, stumbled across this looking for info on fuel gauges as I’m trying to make some improvements to the “XK140E” whilst the fuel tank is out. Very interested in this project, but as you’ve done all this legwork, wondered if you have the specs for the fuel sending unit, I’m not sure a E-type sender will work for me, but would like something that works with the E-type gauge (and potentially yours once available)

Dear Ray,

As many will ask … is there an update you can share with us?

Be well,

Bart