SNG Upgraded/Sport Steering Rack for Series III

Hey Folks. Has anyone tried the Sport Rack that SnG offers? The sales guy only knew that it was a Ford product that’s been adapted to E-Type. Said it was rack and pinion. Wondering if it still has the over assisted feel of the original and would still need the pressure modification. Building a restomod from a ‘71 FHC. Thx!!

The unit itself works well enough but is still a bit over boosted and dead feeling. I believe it is adapted from racks of a previous Series, and fits differently. Original SIII racks have become quite scarce.

Thanks Rob. Does it feel any faster than the original worm gear driven rack? In other words turns more per turn on the steering wheel? Why did you buy? Was your rack broken? Appreciate your response. My rack is fine so don’t want to spend $2400 if there’s no benefit.

I’m thinking @Dick_Maury will be of help.

Rob Beere sells a kit that will allow you to modulate the amount of assist the rack provides. May want to try that first.

Thanks. Yes, I think SNG and Moss picked it up and are both selling it. Anybody have any experience with that kit?

Sorry for the delay. Honestly I cannot tell much difference in either ratio or boost. I had to get it after kissing a tire wall at VIR, not even pushing and the rear came around, think I had the rear dampers adjusted too tight, they are replaced but I will never again trust the car enough to test it. At any rate the original was irreparably shattered, housing broken and pinion shaft snapped.

Thanks Rob. Sounds like quite a wreck. Glad you got it back on the road!