Some pictures of my 93 XJ40

Hello all,

I’ll see if the upload feature works.

1 Like

A beautiful car Darren. It looks in tip top condition inside and out. I think white must be the rarest colour here in the UK. I went to view at least nine before I bought my first 40 in 2004, and about the same number before I found it’s replacement in 2011 and I never saw a white one among them. I changed the original wheels on my first car to the lattice alloys like yours,I think they look great on the XJ40, they’re my favourite of all the options.
The oil pressure needle used to sit in that position at idle on my Sovereign too, just outside the red zone. It was like that for the last 7 of the 8 years I owned it. I still have the replacement sender unit on my desk that I never got around to changing before I sold the car.

Hi Casso,

Thanks for the compliments. I took these photographs yesterday just outside of Princeton, New Jersey. I purchased this car in early 2011 from a friend of my Aunt. It had 87,000 miles at the time and was never driven in the snow. It was always kept in a garage and still is never driven in the snow. The lattice wheels were already on the car when I purchased it and there’s a 5th one as a spare. I’ve done most of the repair and maintenance work myself, including the headliner and air conditioner evaporator. Both jobs were the hardest things I’ve ever had to work on ever. Everything else hasn’t been so bad. The car runs quite nicely and all of the options work. I have 5 keys-two remotes with keys, a key with a light with one of the remotes, two spare keys and a green valet key. I also have the original touch up paint in its cardboard box and most of the original paperwork. The color is glacier white and the interior is barley. I never realized that this exterior color was so uncommon! As far as the oil pressure gauge goes, I’ll change it one day when a week or two goes by with no unruly behavior from the cat.

That really is a beautiful looking car: Casso is right, it is a rare colour combination. It is in exceptional condition.

My oil pressure gauge used to do that as well - and sometimes twitching between 1 and 2 on the gauge. I cleaned the connector with some very fine sand paper about 5 years ago as an experiment and to my pleasure and amazement, it has functioned perfectly ever since!

Thanks for the compliment David. I went to Long Island yesterday and purchased the console cup holder from a 1994 model that had been crashed. It looks quite good. Some of the leather was damaged so I removed the learher and covered it in tan fabric. It turned out nice. I’ll take that picture next.

Beautiful car, and I’ll echo everyone else’s sentiments when I say it is in superb condition.

Looks pristine. Thanks for posting. Nice to see one in such condition.
These cars I have learned need to be seen in person to be truly appreciated.
After all these years as a Jaguar guy, who knew?

Here in the southern US, many cars are white due to the heat.

However, I have also learned (and appreciate) that cars are always painted white by designers to truly gauge the design…vis a vis, if it looks good in white it will look good in any color.

the XJ40 is really an austere/masculine design IMO…