Something missing ?!?!

when i removed the oil cooler i removed some panels from the lower front of the car.
one of the panels was all rusty so i have to cut it.
now i want to put the panels back but i think something is missing. can anyone solve this for me ?

There is the sheet metal valance (painted body color) that attaches to the 2 threaded holes on the left of the photo; then there is a black plastic air deflector that attaches to the remaining holes and to the valance. Then, there is a black plastic clousure that attaches to the air deflector and the front of each wheel housing splash shield.
The piece on the ground looks like the clousure panel.

you right it is the metal sheet valance.
is anyone have one that he like to sell ?

It is the first part that rusts, so you most likely will not find one used. Part number is RTC1531; I bought one from SNG Barrett for less than $100 USD two years ago.

Shahar Alon,
I have no idea where in the world you are located but this part is likely intact and available from USA sellers parting out an XJ-S, especially if they live in the dry southwest states like California, Arizona and New Mexico.

If I needed a part lime this I would look on eBay for someone parting out an XJ-S and send tgem.a message to see if they had this part available even if they didn’t have a listing open for it. I have used this technique dozens of times to obtain hard to find parts for my Jaguars. I am also an eBay Seller of used Jaguar parts and I occassionally get requests from buyers for parts that I have available but haven’t listed yet. It can be a quick and easy win-win sale when you get a request to list a part from a willing buyer.

I do not have the part you are looking for but if I did I would send you a Personal Message through Jag-Lovers like I have done dozens of times before.

Paul

1 Like