Sorting out a saggy bottom - Driver’s seat bottom

Removal should be easy. How easily replacements go in depends in part on how tight they are. The ones I got from BAS/UK required a lot of force & heat to get them stretched & hooked on. Doable with the foam not yet installed but could be a problem with the cushion in place.

The better solution is to get your new cushion from OSJI in Muncie IN. They are the only ones I know that have a soft cushion which very closely matches the original. It is a seat you will sit in, not on. With NO drilling required.

Particularly for your situation where you are going to attempt to maneuver the foam into position through the bottom frame. The molded foam sold by all the others would be a real challenge. The OSJI will be foldable and pliable allowing you to maneuver it into it’s correct position

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I have and it is nicely compliant.

You have to remove the seat/runners. That counts as dismantling in my book. None of the options are huge jobs but my suggestion was about as minimalist as it gets.

Just to be certain you should NOT have to replace the seat cover to replace the diaphragm. If you take a look at the photo John posted, you’ll see the diaphragm hooks on to the metal frame with eight hooks. Two on each of the four sides of the diaphragm.

Once the diaphragm is out, you can then work to get the old foam out, and insert a new foam piece, and then a new diaphragm