Spark plug recommendation for V12?

Just dove straight back into Jaguar world. Bought the car I wanted when it first came out. 1973 series 3 roadster with all those extra cylinders. I’ve owned other models and types. Just had to have the one I once wanted.

I already have issues and will tackle each as they come up. Went to do a cylinder inspection and got no further than the spark plugs. Popped out the first brand new AC Delco put in by the last mechanic that “worked” on it. Three turns and it was out. Wrong. The manual calls for Champion N9Y. This was a 14mm single pole 3/4 inch reach plug. A long threaded reach. The ones that came out are too short. They only reached half way down the threaded portion of head. Car was running ok, but heck`

Preformatted text

`. That’s not right. Should I use the new Champion N9YCs or does anyone recommend another replacement?

I already had a hot engine issue, so I will be trouble shooting the entire cooling system. The car only has 15000 original miles. The first look inside the cylinders was as expected. I can still see cross hatching on parts of the cylinder walls. If pressures are good, I’ll move on to next issues. Rick Martin. Los Angeles.

I am fond of NGK/
BPR6ES is close to the original specs
Craig

These are also what I use.