Spax shocks adlustment

My Mk2 is fitted with Spax adjustable shock absorbers. When driving at 40 - 60 mph the car has a vertical jitteriness/harshness to the ride that seems related to pavement surface. I’m pretty sure it isn’t wheel balance and suspect the shocks need to be adjusted, but I’m not sure if they should be set softer, which would make sense, or stiffer.

I’m hoping this group can save me some time experimenting. Softer or stiffer?

Thanks.

There are a LOT of little clicks on the adjustment knobs. Do not force them past either the top or the bottom points. I ended up about 2 from the bottom as mine were so stiff even after 10 years and 10,000 miles. You might have to spray some penetration on them and GENTLY use vice grips to motivate them to move. I would start about five from the bottom and see where you are at that point. Make SURE you count the clicks to make sure they all are even.

Personally I would not buy these again; as for my style they are WAY to aggressive and cause the car to boing boing boing down the road.

Gerard

Very helpful.

I’ll try 5 from the softest and see what it feels like.

Thanks.

BTW counter/anti clockwise is softer. Go All the way to the bottom and you will feel the stop point which must not be forced. then go right 5 clicks.

Gerard

I was wondering about that. Appreciate the details.

Dean