Speedometer right angle drive

Does anyone know why there are two part numbers for the speedo right angle drive for a series 1 Car.C22041 for RHD and C28053 for LHD car, Why would that be? I have a LHD car and have just bought a speedo with a right angle drive from a UK RHD car. Can I use either or is there some difference?

Ian

Sorry, Ian,

from looking at the Parts Catalogue it is hard to imagine why that part should be side-coded. The pages of a major supplier show pics of both parts and they do look different though.

Good luck
Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

Not that it’s relevant but there were several of those drives for different rear axle ratios. And different speedos, too.

Is the cable the same RHD and LHD? I could imagine that it differs due to routing to the tranny. If so, maybe their fittings are different at the speedo end?

If angle drive is a separate part from the drive lines, Ian - I cannot see why they should not be interchangeable…?.

But Robert may have a point about different diff ratios and speedos. Routinely, US (LHD) tend to have a different diff ratio from the European (RHD)…?

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)