Starter relay XJ6 XJ12 XJS

Read the following this is my question on this topic … regarding… the following… Any technical help I can work with…

What‘s this - why?
Do us a favor and draw the wiring on a sheet of paper. All wires and connections. Upload a picture of that please. Also isn’t that just piggybacking off the other white red starter feed

David that’s the relay I did same job on , my own XJ6 series 3…. This is on a V12 my question is … wiring goes from the AC air compressor to this relay … so the transmission over is C2/30 C1/C3 is. Blue & red coil energising…. W2/86. & if the car has a diode goes in joined with it … W1/85
is earth …… this red wire goes to the AC air conditioning my point is can it be energised… to the 80A relay …. Old Lucas you’ve only 25A when starter is turning … if not you’ve 35A… very weak power in my opinion…. I had this experience back in November it’s. A fine job since on my own car done …… sorry I was just very tired earlier today …
I didn’t note a proper type up …… the small red wire in my digram picture…. That relay you’ve shared from my pictures is a complete different car…… that’s the same job on my own car…
I’m just
interested …. because my friend has 15 XJ12s …. I could do the jobs for him … if I know this question…… it is a better power source you’ve more electric field…… one of his cars is done as you can see in the picture…… I do have a digram on the V12 … I might just look at that , I looked at the digram…
it looks like can be energised in with blue wire coil & the red going from the starter the big wire … that small one is for the AC compressor….
…. I find a big difference using the 80A Morden relay ….
hard to imagine but I do …. I won’t be going back to old Lucas anyhow……

Either it switches or it doesn’t, anyways, look at the bs-au7 wiring colours and you wiknow what it’s supposed to do, go from there. You’ll find it helpful

1 Like

what year model you talking about as there’s no solid colour wiring at that relay other than brown, do you mean white/red…white/blue???

I’ve it figured out … my question on this …

Thanks David I’ll give it. A go sometime … your current either it switches or it doesn’t…… it’s definitely for the AC air conditioning….