Stripped intake manifold for throttle body

I’m assuming you’ve looked into tapping it with a right hand aka 90 degree drill? Those things get into some tight spots.

Thanks, I don’t have a 90 degree drill, but am now looking at quality right angle attachments to do the job. That seems like the solution.

Yes, now that the gasket is removed, you’re right, need to make sure it’s leak free.

One last question, the bolts and threads are now clean. I was thinking of putting a bit of teflon thread sealant on bolts to help seal them? Or anti-seize? If I do, I assume I torque a bit less, not more?

I you want to use something to seal the threads I think thread sealer might be better. Teflon might be pushed up and interfere with the gasket.
I didn’t use any sealant and had no issues.

With three out of four bolts good, you probably won’t have much of a leak. A Helicoil thread insert would be the best option to fix it.

This is to save removing the intake manifold? Seems like too much trouble for 24 nuts and a couple of hose couplings.

They don’t really need to be airtight. Any leak just increases the idle speed, which you simply readjust.

I would use some nickel anti-seize at best and call it a day. You’ll need to remove this throttle body again someday, so no reason to use any threadlocker. I don’t see any benefits to using any Teflon tape either.

Instead of tapping in place, Kirbert has a better remedy. Let’s pop that intake manifold off and either tap the hole properly, or consider replacing so that you don’t have to do it at all!

I would recommend having a new intake gasket on hand. While you’re there and all…

I have some copper anti-seize, will that do?

I’ll have plenty of room to drill and tap that hole now. I’ve got the Keensert, so it will be strong and will not leave behind any tabs.

I am planning on putting duct tape across hole on inside of manifold, and just drill/tap a little at a time, and vacuum out as I go. Then I’ll vacuum up inside manifold just in case. Should be much quicker than removing entire manifold!

Whichever anti-seize.

If you take the intake manifold off, you almost might as well have the hole welded up and redrilled and tapped.

One day when I pull it, I may try to obtain some manifolds without the air pump holes in them instead. And the V12 logo plates?

One of the throttle bushings was torn, so I’ve ordered brass flange bushings.
While I wait, I gave the throttle bodies a good clean today! Qtips too!

Since you have the throttle bodies out you might want to chamfer the outer side, it would give you some better air flow. It’s all in the book.

timesert is the way to go