Strong fuel smell under heavy load (only in cabin)

Hey forum, I think it’s related to full tank, it’s a first time since owning the car I filled tank full, at least I can definitely say I didn’t have that smell before. It’s only in the cabin, more with windows down, unbearable under heavy load like wot or highway . I couldn’t find any leaks in the bay, but some time ago I have removed Rochester valve and vented tank directly to the air. It’s uk car, so doesn’t have carbon canister. Now I can see that this vent line has drips of fuel at its end under the trunk. I’m thinking could it be that it’s raw fuel dripping down, and air takes it right to the exhaust?

But I thought Rochester valve is there just to avoid venting when car is at park, but not to stop fuel drips? Should i put valve back on, or issue is somewhere else?

Jaguar xjs 1992 5.3 uk specs with Evap flange and no carbon canister (with Rochester valve)

Not sure if your car has it, but there is an alien looking thing at top right of my tank that helps to control vapor before even seeing the vent. It has three hoses from tank, with fourth hose for vent.

If you have one, may need looking at. If one of the three hoses is leaking, that’s fuel vapor going right up into rear cabin area

My 1992 has the same issue. Full tank and windows down, the cabin is full of fuel smell. I notice it most at sustained highway speed. With the windows up, the smell is hardly noticable.

I have rather different flange, quite rare one, that was only for few years, but anyway, that flange is new, and I have no odor whatsoever in the trunk and near that flange, it was leaking before and you can instantly smell it in the trunk, now it’s different, smell is only in the cabin and seems like coming from outside as it’s more prominent with windows down

Oh, have you ever figured that out?

THAT needs checking, as that would mean the fuel smell is coming from front of car? Have you checked all fuel lines in the engine area?

I would have someone check the exhaust. Last time I had that happen (in a Ford Taurus) it was the exhaust. Maybe something has come loose, or the muffler has rusted open? Could also be the exhaust manifold.

I haven’t looked into it really. I figured it was just some weird vortex that was pulling fumes from the vent line or something. I don’t think it is coming from the front of the car.

And it is definitely an fuel smell, not exhaust.

Once it’s down an 1/8 below full there’s no noticable smell.

Seems like i fixed that, added back Rochester valve, vented to the same place and smell is gone, or it’s a coincidence and fuel dropped bellow certain point. Anyway it’s weird how gas fumes can travel from underneath the trunk to the cabin on 80mph