SU Carb throttle linkage

I am new to Jag Lovers forum so please bear with me. I am trying to re-attach my dual 2 inch SU carbs to the throttle linkage. I cannot find any good photos or diagrams of how they are supposed to hook up. I have a 1957 3.4 (MK I) and would love to see how similar cars have been setup. Thanks

1 Like

Greetings to JL

I find the Parts Manual to be the best source.

an example excerpt from MK1 Parts manual

dont know whether yrs is LHD or RHD

I do not own a MK1, and this particular manual was downloaded “free-source” by searching Google.
It is not fully complete, the Parts Manual can be purchased, hopefully it would be complete

I couldn’t agree more. I have a folder in the shop with just the plates from the parts manual in it. Invaluable for figuring out which bits go where, and how they interact with each other, not to mention figuring out which bit is which when a batch of bits comes back from the plater, blaster, powder coater.

Thank you both. I do have a Haynes manual for the MK I, II, 240 and 340 but the photos are way too dark to see any real details and the diagrams are few and far between. I will do some searching to see if I can find a better shop manual.

The JDHT CD used to cover the Mark 1 and the Mark 2, and included the shop manual and complete parts lists. It looks like JDHT no longer sells them, but you might try contacting them here.

By the way, your carbs weren’t originally 2" (HD8), they were originally HD6 (1-3/4").

Check out Joe Curto’s web page as he has an enormous amount of information as noted in this subsection of his “visual library”

Gerard

here is a link for the MK1 parts manual that I pasted b4, altho it might not be 100% complete, its very long, and indispensable to a MK1 owner imo. It is very thorough in the Carb and throttle area,sorry the link is from “the opposition” lol

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/mki-mkii-s-type-240-340-daimler-61/mk-i-mk-ii-service-parts-manuals-67784/