SU HD8 Spacers, anyone have a DXF for air filter gasket?

I can model one quickly enough, just wondering if anyone had a dxf or anything of the 2 bolt intake filter side of the carb. Just need to make 3/8" thick spacers so the filters clear the fuel lines.

I don’t have a dxf but I know the issue you’re talking about. With triple HD8’s the rear one’s banjo interferes with a flush-mount air cleaner. I wound up making a spacer old-school-style out of a piece HDPE. If you wind up making the dxf can you share it? I had always planned on making a better spacer although the old one’s been fine for years.

Will a drawing for the H8 work? (I should look, I’ve got a box full of them). Pretty sure I have the DXF files I sent to the water-jet outfit that cut out the parts for the air filter on the 120.

I’m pretty sure the footprint of the HD8 and the H8 are the same.

Already modeled it, I’ll upload it to grabcad in a bit.

Anyone else interested in spacers? Could get them made out of plastic or aluminum, might be cheaper if I do a few of them at the same time.

1 Like

I have quotes, anybody interested in some of these? Looks like they’ll be around $45 each. If anyone has a cheaper source, let me know.

Not sure who quoted but try sendcutsend.com. they have a pretty nice automated online quoting system. I’ve used them for other things and can recommend.

1 Like

I used to use an outfit that called themselves Big Blue Saw online (might have been the brick and mortar Atlanta Water-jet). They used to run periodic specials on a particular material grade and thickness. For example, for a week everything made from 1/4" 6061 T6 aluminum was 50% off. It saved them the wasted labor of constantly switching out sheets of materials. I used to keep files of already drawn parts of the same thickness for the event. Which is why I have a stack of body shims of various thickness. Every time there was a sale I’d throw the shim template in there, so they were basically free.

But a year ago, they became part of a conglomerate, and I don’t know how the pricing compares. Here’s the link to the current website:

Yeah I tried send cut send and xometry, SCS was $55 each and Xometry was $130 each for some dumb reason

1 Like

Would making a set of those lower the price (what if any item cost x dollars plus the cost for size and thickness, like a handling charge)? Connect them at one point and maybe save 1x, 2x etc.?

I’ll look into it, but I doubt it. Usually it’s just machine time, but maybe you’re right! Thanks!

You could try to have that printed in ASA or similar and see how it goes. I have made quite a few ASA prints for inside enginge bays to good effect.