Supercharged V8 from XJR in my 76 coupe

Are you speaking about the BRG coupe?

Oh, my That is a tight squeeze. I thought a big block 427 in a C2 Corvette or a SBC in a '70’s Chev Vega was a very tight squeeze requiring a very big shoe horn. This is over the top. an ‘A’ for effort. Hats off!

Hi David, yes I think so. Of course it’s still all standard though and doesn’t have more power.
Here’s the turbo car.

And you certainly know harry‘s garage and his v12, good idea to swap but it’s also a heavier engine which I‘d consider.
I‘d say at this point all your options sound good, but i‘d keep the xk and do a bit to it. Fuel injection has the highest power benefit, especially for the price as everything is available, make it look good and get 9:1 pistons if you don’t have them. And if you want look into cams and such. Do triple carbs work, as in the mk10?
You can also play around with modern ignition and so on, and then you have a very decent engine with no horrors to expect during swaps, etc. - and you can go back to original any time!
Then the gearbox if you find something good.

Yes, if 370 hp is possible with one! I have a source for the turbocharger. I am capable of fabricating the manifolds and plumbing. That may just be the ticket to getting the performance I’m after without major expense and modification. Might swap in a later fuel injection system to simplify things. Certainly something to consider. Any idea what the chap was referring in the blog about oiling upgrades other than the higher flow pump? Certainly with 7 mains, the XK motor is stout enough for this type of power output.

1 Like

This is a very interesting subject!! Absolutely nuts, but fun to see it being talked about, Frank and Mark could you post some pictures of your conversion. some of the stuff you guys have done.???..

Long ago, yes, sorry, I remembered. But, wouldn’t do it, I like the xk!

http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap_view.php3?id=1063607162