Tailight lens screws

That’s how my tool box starts every time i cleanup …… after 2 days on the tools …… there is nothing left in it and tools all over the shop :flushed::scream:

2 Likes

That’s OK: yer so danged nice a guy, I can deal wiff it!

:wink:

Love it Craig! I wish I could have some of you compulsion. But like Danny Lee in the post after yours, I’m more in that position. Although I do use a tool cart to at least keep it together during a project on a vehicle. Not so much for construction projects.

You inspired me today…. Have a look in” what you did today on your e type”:rofl::rofl:

You spelt FRONT wrong.

Shouldn’t that be, “You’ve spelled that wrong”? :smiling_imp:

Spelled instead of spelt because spelled is the past tense commonly used in the U. S. and Craig and his tool box is in the U. S. :laughing:

1 Like

OK - I’ll see your OCD and raise you my anal retentiveness (with abject apologies to OP racerxf1 for the horrendous thread drift).

The other drawers of my tool box:

. . . and yes - it bothers me every time I see that 1 wrench not properly seated in the upper left rack and the misalignment (non-parallel-ism) of the large wrenches in the top center rack. :puke:

And THIS is my junk drawer:

And lest you think my OCD/Anal Retention only applies to tools, these are but two of the ten drawers of my map/drawing cabinet repurposed to store small hardware:

2 Likes

No: you win, hands down!

BUT… you do not shellac all your wooden fixtures…:wink:

Shame! John’s preferred finish is polyurethane, not beetle secretions.

1 Like

Same concept, different scale. :laughing: A tidy workspace is a safe workspace.

That needs to be framed and posted on the garage wall

1 Like

Hmm: Never recall being injured from a messy garage…:wink:

My Murkin wrench drawer…

My metric wrench drawer…

I know each intimately, and can find any wrench I need, quickly.

Plus, it’s eeeeasy to arrange.

:smirk:

EDIT: THAT brought s quick halt to the conversation.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I am feeling dizzy and sick to my stom… :puke:

I think I need a :beer2:

I suspect that works for you cuz you have calibrated eyeballs.
It would take me minutes each time I went looking for a tool.
While my approach is clearly OCD, I can find the tool I need in seconds

1 Like

I do know my tools: however, I see both methods as equally legit.

1 Like

As I clearly demonstrated in my recent posts :flushed:

1 Like

Now we are talking my language😹
Quote;
My Murkin wrench drawer…

My metric wrench drawer…

2 Likes

I generally organize my wrench drawers from small on the right to large on the left. If I need a 10 mm it’s pretty much on the right side, 15 mm the middle and 20 something on the left.

My British/motorcycle drawer, am I the only one? 20211021_191648_resized|690x388

Haven’t you people ever heard of PEGBOARDS? Super easy to just grab the size you need, and when you are done super easy to spot a vacant hook and start the search for the missing wrench.

I use all three of the storage methods discussed thus far. I have 3 pegboards but they hold only large or irregular tools that would take up too much space in drawers. Excepting the pegboards, virtually all of the wall surface in my three shops (woodworking, machine/electronics, automotive) has cabinets etc. below and shelves above, to the ceiling.

Focusing on automotive wrench storage, a typical drawer looks just like Wig’s–just dumped in (although always cleaned in the parts cleaner first). BUT, I also have organization, although not like Craig’s. Instead I use multiple drawers. As far as I remember without going downstairs each of the below wrench types has its own drawer in one of three ancient Craftsman non-ball bearing cabinet/chest combos:

open end Imperial “murkin”
open end metric
combination Imperial
combination metric
dual box Imperial
dual box metric
Whitworth
gearwrench Imperial (ratcheting)
gearwrench metric
flare nut Imperial
flare nut metric
tappet wrenches, Imperial only
larger than 1 1/4 inch wrenches, Imperial only
Crowsfoot Imperial (open end and flare)
Crowsfoot metric (open end and flare)
adjustable (Cresent)

not all of the smaller wrenches near the end of the list are in separate drawers–like tappet and flare share a drawer. Very similar arrangement for sockets and their drivers–six drawers in total.