Tank filler vent hose

I need to replace the small full tank vent hoses at the forward side of the filler cap on my 1976 XJ12. Do I access that from behind panels in the trunk or from inside the rear passenger area?


I’m assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that it’s the same or similar to a Series III. The hose goes underneath the back glass and thru the body.

Here’s a pic from our friend David Boger at Everydayxj.com


Hope this helps.

Series II owners might well come along with better info


That does help. Thanks.