Testing cooling fan relay

Are there any suggestions on how to test the cooling fan relay.

Power the coil pins with jumper wires and see if the continuity changes, this will tell you if the energising coil is working, however if the contact in the relay are very corroded/dirty they may not pass current.
Have you tried substituting a know good relay?

Thanks very much for your advice, will give this a try. Unfortunately the fan relay is no longer available anymore, I was fortunate enough to obtain a used one from the Uk which is supposedly good, but when plugged into connector the fans still didn’t work. They do however work perfectly when AC is engaged, so I have the original relay and the one from the UK but don’t know if either one is good, hence my question if there was a way to test them
Thanks for your reply

So maybe it’s supposed to work? With AC engaged?

Thanks for your continued interest. Actually the cooling fans always switched on without the AC. My research revealed the AC is a completely separate circuit that turns on the cooling fans, while this is an alternative solution, running the AC during winter is not really desirable. As soon as the temperature gauge reached normal, the cooling fans always turned on without operating the AC, going to take a hard look at temp sensor near thermostat housing.

Our AC is never off summer or during our mild winter, we just adjust the temperature and have a nice not damp cabin.

I keep it on climate control year round. Switches seamlessly from heating to cooling as required.

Actually Robin, I am definitely leaning in that direction, I received the temp sensor from Welsh jaguar today ( it cost around $7.50 ) I plan to give this a try, and if the fans still do not come on when engine heats up, I am not going the rabbit hole chasing other possible causes. I will just accept that the fans operate when AC is engaged and leave as is
Thanks for your continued interest