This Jaguar is properly mental!

, ,

Originally published at: https://www.jag-lovers.com/this-jaguar-is-properly-mental/

Meet the Jaguar XE SV Project 8. Turn up the volume, expand the video player to full screen and enjoy. This Jaguar snarls, growls and screams, if you’re ever lucky enough to drive one (they’ll only make 300 of them) it will turn your blood both hot and cold as it thrills, entertains and terrifies…

With all due respect, I wonder if it’s not projects like this, that are driving JLR to the brink of bankruptcy.

Well, projects like this are an investment. The XE SV Project 8 is a “halo car” for the XE model line, and as such can be seen as a valid marketing effort. The only problem with that is that the XE is a pretty boring car to look at, and even the Project 8 can’t change that. Would I like to own one? Sure, if I didn’t have to pay for it. Otherwise … no, thanks.

Either way, the cost of the entire “Project 8” project is most likely a drop in the bucket compared to how much money JLR lost in just the last quarter alone, so I very much doubt one had much to do with the other.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

So none of this bodes well for the longevity of JLR or Tata motors, as the arrangement currently stands!