Throttle Bushings nylon version

Hey, I know in the old days we beat this one to death, but I just replaced my throttle bushings. I called my local Jaguar dealer who said he would sell me a pack of The rubber ones (which includes five) for $126 CDN.
First of all I only wanted two but in any case if your on a budget and want some nylon versions I bought two packs of these for $6 each. Just to get two of the same size. If you go to your auto parts store at the help rack. I spun a groove on them with my dremel tool for an E retaining clip and just snapped them in without tearing everything apart. Not as nice as the Jonas Teflon ones but great in short order.

strong text

strong text

1 Like

good find, thanks for sharing

keep an eye as the temp under the hood may reach danger zone (ie softening) for Nylon ?

I’ve run them for a few weeks now on the hottest days. They haven’t even flinched. My bad photography shows I missed the model number on the package, I’ll have to repost.
I can guarantee they are 8 times more durable than the rubber ones Jaguar provided with the car.

Maybe I should revise the title , they looked like nylon to me but maybe they’re plastic.
I don’t see the material on the package or in the reviews. Regardless they’ve held up well.

They should be Delrin or Delryn if they are good quality parts.