Throttle position sensor assembly

I changed my spark plugs and am attempting to put things back together. I don’t remember how the throttle assembly goes back together. I have everything back in place except the throttle assy. The problem is it doesn’t work. When I try to put the rods on they don’t fit. The cable from the gas pedal has slack in it as you can see in the picture. Can someone explain how to make this thing work?

Remove the cable and re-route it to the other side of the capstan.

Aside: looks your your TPS isn’t attached to the underside of the capstan

Cheers
DD

Cable needs to come around the opposite way. Throttle application will pull cable, causing throttle capstan to rotate clockwise and push each rod

Timothy - here is a picture of mine (1991 XJS V12 Classic Collection Coupe) as it was when I got the car - notice that the coil plat is mounted so that the coil is hanging down as where yours is pointing up - don’t forget to remount the micro switch - don’t know how your cable got rerouted, but lift out the throttle spindle, get cable to go around the pulley so that it pulls straight from the A bank towards the B bank - also remount the red TPS, as Doug mentioned, underneath - note the rod positions - A bank is towards the front and B bank is towards the rear as you have them sitting - Tex.

Jim D. Thank you for your help. I figured what I did wrong and with your help It is back together. Now I get to change all 4 fan belts.

Thank You

Tom Olds

1 Like