Tie plate is missing in action need assembly help

Hello,while searching for some parts for my 1973 series 3 roadster for the rear mount for the 4 speed transmission, specifically the spring and bushing and cups that were badly dissolved. The parts diagram lists a “tie plate” also part #C42202. At present it is missing? Can someone show a diagram as to the complete assembly in situ so that I may reassemble with the correct parts? Best Regards This part # is listed on other diagrams as “rear engine mount” for manual transmission?

Jerald

A few of the regulars use exploded parts diagrams (and Jaguar Parts Numbers) to index their inventory on-line. I favor SNG Barratt; but there are others.

This is the exploded diagram for the transmission mount (AKA Rear Engine Mount): https://www.sngbarratt.com/us/#!/English/FindParts/Families/XKE%20~2F%20E-Type/3/13/3197/16214/7679/1/10/1/viewassembly/18150/:REAR%20ENGINE%20MOUNTING.

The diagram is interactive: click on the part and a pop-up window provides Jag part number, price, and inventory status.

Craig

Thanks Craig.This is where I found a picture of the missing tie plate. My question is how it fixes to the mount? Does the two bolt holes fix to the frame and the raised end with the single hole fix to the center stud that holds the spring assembly? Thanks for any help

Sorry Jerald – it has been too long ago that I installed rebuilt tranny (1988) to remember. I’m sure someone will chime in with an answer.

Craig

Thanks Craig…probably just need a photo of the undercarriage transmission mount assembly for the 4 speed transmission so I can assemble the mount (tie plate) correctly.Can any one shoot me a picture or diagram? I am not sure where the part C42202 goes or how it secures to the main spring mount stud? Since the part has been missing since I bought the car any help would greatly appreciated.Best regards

Sorry, none of my pictures catch the angle you requested. The tunnel at that point is very restricted. I wonder if the part you reference attaches to the transmission and then “rides” on the spring assembly. See link and picture.Rear Transmission Mount

Thanks Joe…great pictures it looks like mine underneath …like mine no picture of the mount that I can see???..The C42202 is special order and doesn’t come cheap. I am thinking along the same lines that it rides with the spring assembly some how.It is not shown in my shop manual? Any one know about this? Thanks again…

Hello for your information the manual mount bracket or better known as engine mount bracket C42202 was added to late series 3 XKE’s 14001 on. It was used for accidental front end collision to prevent further engine intrusion upon collision. It is not part of the manual transmission mount as shown on the parts diagram. Thanks for all your help. Hope this takes the “scratch your head” out of the equation.