Top chain slippers

Just opened up the package for the top chain slippers for my 3.4 and have decided that they are going back to the supplier for credit. There is a very definite line in the steel where it has been bent at 90 deg, rather than the old ones that have a nice 2-3mm radius, fairly sure I have seen this discussed before on the forum but haven’t been able to bring it up on the search engine :frowning:

I

Thanks David, that was the thread I was searching for, just used the incorrect search words.
I have contacted the supplier and am awaiting their response.

I have added the photos comparing the original to the new items. I have ordered another set from a different supplier in the hope that they use a different manufacturer, fingers crossed, otherwise the old ones are going back in :frowning:

I wonder if there’s a company that can simply reline the old ones. Does anyony know what the process involves?

Interesting thought, its originally manufactured so reverse engineering should be a possibility, something like a strip of PTFE perhaps ?

Years back, I found a company —no idea where—who did rubber bonding like this: it was NOT cheap.