Tracking notifications

I just now posted and everything worked well - i.e. the post I added immediately appeared at the bottom of the thread.

Also got a ‘tracking’ notification which I do not think I saw before.

Do you mean the small coloured numbers which appear next to your user avatar in the top right corner?

Those have been there since the beginning.

Dark green means someone has sent you a PM, light blue means someone has:

• Replied to a topic you are watching.
  • Replied to a post you wrote.
  • Mentioned you (@Ahwahnee) somewhere,
  • “Liked” one of your posts/thread.
  • The system awards you a badge.

By the timing, I suspect that the notification you are talking about was @John_Walker replying to you in this topic..

I thought he was talking about the selection under the tool bar below the post. In the below snip it says “Normal” but can be user changed to Tracking, Watching, etc.

Test reply, more characters.

Okay - this is what I see below my message:

Tracking You will receive notifications because you posted a reply to this topic.

May have been there before and I just haven’t seen it in a while as I could only see the post via a ‘refresh’ and it goes away once I refresh or edit.

What is different is that, until late yeaterday, I would never see my post until I went away and came back or just did a refresh. Now it appears as soon as I hit ‘reply’.

There were some issues recently with replies not always appearing immediately, but that was only a short term intermittent issue, which has now been resolved.

I wasn’t aware that there were problems with posts not appearing from the very beginning.

If there was I didn’t experience it. It suddenly appeared something like a couple of weeks ago and just as suddenly vanished.

That was the one I was trying to describe. I didn’t notice the resolution until yesterday.