Transaxle adapter plates for mid mount V12 using Porsche 915's?

I have acquired 4 XJS V12 Jags, one I’m replacing the starter from sitting 10 yrs, and 2 kit cars over the weekend last week. I’m going to combine the two kits, one being 917, the other is a Diablo on a Countach space chassis. Mounted in that chassis is a V12 HE longblock with plenums. In this package deal came another bare V12 HE block, and 2 Porsche 915 5spd transaxles. The original motor was a US Chevy 350…and that has the adapter plate, but motor is blown. I’d like to stick with the Jag motor personally, but in need of an adapter kit if it exists in order to use my 915’s. Any help would be appreciated. I am in US. Thank you.

A couple of years ago I found and sold most of a Group 44 mid-mount XJR V12 powerplant. The main upper mounts to the chassis were lugs/brackets arising from the front of each custom-cast cam cover. The main lower mounts were large lugs/brackets’ at each lower front corner of a special shallow dry sump cover. This gave four widely-spaced attachments to the spaceframe chassis via the bulkhead just behind the driver.

Not strictly an answer to your question,a but perhaps food for thought?

Pete

Try the manufacturers of the XJ13 Kit Cars

Will the 915 be strong enough? It was always my understanding that Porsche went to the G50 because the 915 couldn’t handle the torque of the 3.2 engine reliably.

Found a company who stated I would be a year out. I found the V8 adapter, clutch and pressure plate so going to try that route first and change it later. I’ll build my 3 V12’s in the meantime. Currently my block is mounted using stock mounts on the front, a midplate for the middle, and a modified trans cradle for the rear. So thats not an issue. The kit came with two 915’s, originally was connected to a Chevy Small Block from a kit manufacturer in 1988. All I have to do is use what was given and make it work. Not looking to make it a daily driver.

Will this be similar to Nick Truman’s v12 in his Zonda? Take a look in the archives. He may be able to offer some advice, despite swapping out the v12 for an Audi v8 some time ago.

kind regards
Marek

kennedy engineering should make and adapter that you require and it shouldn’t take a year, csm might also make one i’m interested in in the 915 spare trans and maybe even the whole kit if you are no longer interested

My understanding, too.