Transmission oil cooler line source

(V12 Dave) #1

Seems like the flexible lines to the transmission oil cooler are leaking on my '87 XJ12. I have been struggling with finding a source for them and may need to resort to having a hose shop do a farmer fix on them. One shop talked of crimping a fitting over top of the metal ends (after cutting out the rubber hose) and using hydraulic line.
Does anyone have a source for these or experience with the hose shop fix up approach?

Thanks
Dave

(Paul M. Novak) #2

Dave,
I have had excellent results with getting difficult to find or outrageously expensive hoses with metal pipes rebuilt at a local shop that specializes in this. I have had them rebuild transmission oil cooler hoses, air conditioning hoses engine oil cooler hoses. Power steering hoses and fuel injection hoses. The shop I use has a wide variety of specialized hoses available and has done a great job. They are not inexpensive, but they are a great way to go if the hoses you need are not available or obscenely expensive.

Paul

(V12 Dave) #3

Thanks Paul, that gives me some confidence in this solution.
Cheers
Dave

(Rob Reilly) #4

I had a local tractor repair shop make new power steering hoses for my '74 XJ12. They had no trouble at all with it.
If only one end is angled and the other straight it should be easy work for any hose shop, but if both ends are angled you have to duplicate the orientation on the new one.