Troubles rear light wiring

When I was sent to re-paint my jaguar, the painter removed the lights, and now it is not known where they are connected in the correct way. Let me upload some photos for someone who has knowledge about reconnecting.

or maybe i need find a electrician …but i dont know none good…but they charge uuuufffffff.

…explain…RIGHT the 3 wires together [2 brown and green with purple stripes] One brown wire is positive and comes from the front of the car; the other brown wire goes to the left side; and the green with purple goes to the left side too, already with a line (with a load). I don’t know. If that’s how the connection goes, maybe I’ll have to look for an electrician.

question?? how to connect them…headache …:grimacing:

does anyone have a small diagram??:face_with_peeking_eye:

Thete was a post not long ago about indicator wiring which might help but you should get yourself a wiring diagram- not difficult to find.

The Jaguar wiring is like no other car I’ve ever worked on; odd and in my opinion a silly way to do it so some expert help or a diagram is a must IMO

Invest in a HAYNES workshop manual !

1 Like

Looks really simple to me.

Black is Gnd Note it is thicker as it has to carry all the current from the lamp unit.
Red is Side/tail lamps +ve feed
Green Red is L/h flasher +ve feed
Green/White is R/h flasher +ve feed.
Green/Purple is stop lamps +ve feed.

A cheap, or home made, test lamp would have resolved this readily.
You don’t even need that, both sides have Black, which is always Gnd, both sides have Red, so will be tail lamps, or stop lamps, both sides have green/Purple tracer, so will be either tail, or stop lamps, each side has a Green with different coloured tracer, so will be flasher.

I did refer to residentalien’s diagram, but would have easily worked this out by deduction and simple testing.

Please don’t take this as a sleight.
I have noticed two recurrent themes on this forum:

1. Lack of understanding of simple electrical circuits
  2. Lack of readily available technical information, such as wiring diagrams and braking systems.

My suggestion would be for members to pool reference resources for others to draw from and for posters to become involved to the point they need to ask for assistance using the information available.
Every time you perform a new task beyond your current knowledge/abilities is a learning opportunity.

I’m absolutely sure there isn’t anything technical on these cars that should cause a problem to any home mechanic.
There’s no such thing as a dumb question…

“Black is Gnd Note it is thicker as it has to carry all the current from the lamp unit.
Red is Side/tail lamps +ve feed
Green Red is L/h flasher +ve feed
Green/White is R/h flasher +ve feed.
Green/Purple is stop lamps +ve feed”

Well that is how I’d expect it to be but when I suggested that I was told it wasn’t like that at all.

I don’t have a diagram to refer to where i am.

And isn’t it diffrrent across the pond?

im work on this…thanks for all comments and suggestions…cheers

A while back I got a 2 X 2 foot color wall poster wiring diagram for my S Type, Very handy. Do not know if these are made for the Mark 2 and others or not. Here is the full poster and just one section in a close up.

And just the instrument panel lighting section.

Thanks …:expressionless: for all comments