Turnbuckle connectors

I am looking to buy some male turnbuckle connectors for the battery cover in the boot of my 1995 XJS. I cannot find a source in the UK. and it seems that they are not manufactured any more. Can anybody help please.

If you are looking for “turnbuckle” connectors you won’t find them.
Switch your search to “1/4 turn” will get you what you want.

These?

These guys also have them, in various colors. They have a variety of hard to find plastic Jag parts. I haven’t dealt with them yet, but they appear to be a great find.
https://octoclassic.com/product/jaguar-xjs-headlight-access-cover-turnbuckle-stud-set-of-5-all-color-bcc3594

Oh, and Jaguar does call them turnbuckles, for some reason.

I got some turnbuckle at Jagbits in Oct 2023

CAM FASTENER FOR BCC3594 TURNBUCKLE STUD BBC8679

BBC8679

$4.88

$9.76

TURNBUCKLE STUD, BLACK FASTENER SECURES HEADLAMP ACCESS PANEL AND LOWER BATTERY COVER IN TRUNK BCC3

BCC3594-OE

Item

Qty

Price

Total

FASTENER-CAM

BBC8679

$1.17

$4.68

FASTENER STUD, WARM CHARCOAL

BCC3594

Thanks for the many replies which are very helpful. But I remain a bit confused by the various part numbers that are quoted. Do these quarter turn (akaTurnbuckle ) fasteners come in different sizes - there is no indication of size on any of the sites,so I asume not… But I shall press on with any other comments more than welcome.

Cam fastener is the female component.
Turnbuckle stud is the male

The place I ordered from ( Jagbits) has pictures and application notes, such as “for headlamp bulb access cover” or “battery cover”. But no sizes. Perhaps other parts shops list size?

Stephen ,

Many thanks for your reply . I agree that the word turnbuckle is confusing. I need the ¼ -turn male connectors - do you have any, or do you know the Jaguar part number. Pic attached if its helpful

Best,

David,
Jaguar used at least 4 different 1/4 turn fasteners on my 1994 XJSs.

None of them can be used anywhere else and are all Jaguar application ONLY.

If these are the battery box fasteners, I’m fairly certain I sold mine.
My suggestion, unless you are trying for a concourse restoration would be to improvise.
I don’t mind digging through my bins to see what I have.
Even though Jaguar used the term ‘turn buckle’ it is an incorrect term.
Turn buckles have been used in engineering applications for at least two centuries.
Most of them are three elements, an internally threaded barrel and two threaded rods that pull on wires or plates to tension a structure by turning the barrel.
The threads of the barrel are left threads on one end and right threads on the other.
So the threaded rods can only go into one end of the barrel.
By ‘turning’ the barrel one way both rods are either pulled or pushed.
You can see them on some bridges or on gates.
PM me if you want me to do a search through my bins.
Steve

You are very kind and I appreciate your offer which I am pleased to accept. I am running against a brick wall here in the UK
Best.
David

David, let me back up a bit. The link I posted above from SNG Barratt UK links to “fastener”. I have purchased these (they were inexpensive) and have successfully fitted them to the battery box on my '91 XJS. Try them. For a few quid, what have you got to lose?