Upper Control Arm Bushings, tips?

So, I’ve done upper control arm bushings on the old XJ6 Series 3 many times (owned a few over the years), a fairly straightforward (and safe) project back then. My 1996 XJ6 has now gone thru a second set of AM upper control bushings and I am going to get smart and install actual Jaguar parts this time, the AM bushings fail quickly. Since I really don’t want to pay someone to do it again, I think I’m just going to replace them myself this time, along with putting in new upper ball joints, while I’m at it.

My question is, what issues am I likely to run into on this one? The things that come to mind that are different than the Series 3 setup are:

1. Long fulcrum shaft that has to be removed completely on the X300 (series 3 had a very nice setup where the bushings went on either side of the shaft, a nut for each side, in other words). Is that shaft difficult to remove with the subframe still in place? Could the shaft be worn/rusted enough that I’d better have new ones at the ready? Do they need to be pounded out? Or slide out easily?
  2. Front coil spring safety? In the old series 3, I lowered the spring pan area down on a few blocks in order to keep the spring compressed. When I did the work on the upper arm, it was always nice and secure, never felt any danger. If I also let the weight of the car rest on the lower spring pan while I do this work on my X300, will it sit fairly securely while I disconnect the upper ball joint/upper control arm? I realize that where coil springs are involved, there is always risk, but the series 3 setup never felt like a bad idea, did it in my driveway at least 4 or 5 times, zero issues (always left the sway bar connected to the lower arm, as I recall, just in case).
  3. Removing and replacing the old bushings from the arm itself? Any issues here? Special tools needed? I’m guessing they are pressed in? When pressing the new ones in, what’s the best way not to laterally stress the bushing while installing (don’t want to trash my nice new Jaguar bushings during install)?

Keep in mind that I know the basics (i.e. keep track of where ball joint shims were, etc.), I just want to be sure a driveway job for upper bushings and ball joints in an X300 isn’t a stupid idea. I know lower bushings involve spring compression and more danger, but hoping uppers are more or less the same as a series 3 (used to take me about 2-3 hours to do both sides of the uppers).

Along the same lines, can the lower ball joint be done while I’m in there? Same thinking, spring compressed by weight of car? Provided I can safely support hub while I’m doing it? Or does that open up a whole new can of worms? The lower ball joints aren’t bad, but I will be all the way in there… just a thought.

Any advice appreciated!