V8 Water pump problem

I just wanted some opinions or more specifically, where opinions are coming from. I have heard that the new water pumps for the V8 cars have been having problems with the aluminum impeller. The consensus is to revert back to the plastic impellers. Even Jaguar stopped using the plastic impellers as they broke and fell apart. I have heard that the OAT antifreeze is not compatible with the aluminum impellers. Same aluminum as the pump body, cylinder head, block and radiator are made of so I just can’t quite make the connection. We have sold literally thousands of the brand new metal impeller pumps that we have manufactured and not a single return for a impeller problem. Can someone please enlighten me on this?

Only just fitted one on my XJR so way too early for comment from me but I would have thought the plastic impellers would be a retrograde step. Unless they improved the manufacture.

The EARLY plastic impellers (made of nylon 66) disintegrated and were replaced with a resin based formula. The improved impellers were made in BOTH black and white colored material.

There is nothing wrong with the improved material and the metal impellers have the reputation of causing Cavitation in the cooling system.

Please familiarize yourself with TSB 303-60am for the details of Identifying Impeller Material – Pump Replacement Guidelines.

303-60am coolant pump ident.pdf (45.0 KB)

bob