Value and collectibility question

Your car, your choices, B@^@&^er what anybody else thinks.
Just my .02c

1 Like

That car looks prime for
Racing windscreen
Twin pipes out lower rocker drivers side
Trick steering wheel and some period fog lights
And enjoy the bitch!
I m h o
Gtjoey

Entirely up to you.

Nothing wrong with the drum brakes, though they take more effort to lock up the wheels they’ll do the job. The cars were, after all, raced with them but again, whatever floats your boat.

Well, there’s the right opinion, and all the wrong ones… :laughing:
Ok seriously, I chose to undo some poor DPO mods and return mine back to original spec other than color. And I may change my mind about that too. Mine is a driver, not a spotlessly perfect trailer queen, but I still get compliments at car shows because these cars are so beautiful. It’s not super fast compared to modern Vettes but I didn’t restore it for that.
I ran for 25 years on bias plies, but now have gone to radial tires, and that has been a good improvement both in cornering and stopping.

2 Likes

I am very happy to drive, look at, display…a very near to original car. No performance or appearance upgrades to speak of…a Moto Lita steering wheel, shorter brake and clutch pedals which aid ease and can not be noticed, radial tires…and slightly different exhaust. Oh…a different voltage regulator…which is temporary until I redo the original. I don’t ever feel a need for disc brakes, power steering, but I do want to change from 3.54 diff to maybe 3.09 or so for cruise. Paint was done30+ years ago…looks almost new (garaged and covered)…I drive the car…it has some “paint things” that I know about. It is not a JCNA Concours car…but gets some awards at local shows…not that I care about awards…I take it …to share the car with people who almost never see one…and it is another chance to drive it, which is the main thing altho just to see it in the garage thru the winter is enough…Enjoy your car in whatever mannr: I do feel we are temporary caretakers of automotive art and history…so have some responsibility to not stray too far. Nick

2 Likes

Just received the JDHT Cert, my car was pastel green with suede green interior and French grey Hood(Top), does anyone know of an original 120 with this color combo out there?

A click on Browse on xkdata.com and selecting colors reveals 18 cars that were built in pastel green, and are restored or currently still in pastel green.
Bear in mind that this is post-'52 pastel green without the metallic suffix, and before late '52 the official color was pastel green metallic.

Yes, mine was the same. Past tense.