VIDEO...welding up some holes

Jim…a panel beater…thank you
Did you use a slide hammer to pull the dents?
Did you have to do any schrinking…if so another video?
Will you skim with"cat hair" or polyester resin with glass fibers or direct to filler (bondo)?
Will you use U-POL direct to metal primer of POR 15?
Mitch

Nah Mitch !! He`s going to lead load it, then put in a triple carb engine to pull it . :laughing:
Keep up the good work Jim .
Peter B.

I managed to get to most parts with a hammer and dolly with some oxy acetylene shrinking . I have got to about 5mm max of where it should be , so a skim of filler will be good .

1 Like

James IF one wishes to have a radio on in the workshop It must ONLY be tuned to radio 4!

I beg to differ, Philip. Radio 3 in my workshop.

Sirius XM… 60’s on 6.

Am I correct, that you may use up to 5 mm of bog, to fill low spots?

1/8" is the rule in my shop. Any thicker than that gets leaded. Such as factory seams sunken and meant to be filled. The E-Type has a bunch of them.

1 Like

That’s the max for me: 1/8" ~ 0.125" ~ 3 mm.

1/16” of fill is a good standard. A couple of coats of Slick Sand spray polyester and you’re level. An eighth inch is pretty good but thicker than the recommended maximum of 1/10th inch for either spray on or paddled polyester glaze so you’d be better advised to use plastic body filler instead if you’re not into working with body solder.

I’ve read that many pro shops work to a maximum quarter inch of plastic filler. Seems excessive to me but apparently stable enough to endure.

1 Like

Sirius XM 50’s on 5!! Real Rock & Roll… Can Ya Dig It, Smokey??

Charles, glad to see you back on the forum. Hopefully you will stay a while and share your knowledge…

Hi Charles:

Trust you to respond with a plug for fifties rock and roll! I had a friend burn me a CD some while back containing tunes relevant to my past. First track, “I’m Walking” by Fats Domino. The significance, it was the first music I heard coming over the PA system at Idlewild (as it then was) after we deplaned from the DC7 that had brought us from England en route to Canada. In the days before pirate radio the only time one ever heard rock music on radio in the UK was generally via Radio Luxembourg late at night. It blew me away that they played this stuff on public airways in an airport. Welcome to the New World brother!

Good to hear from you, trust you are making progress on the DHC?

Best,

Chris.