VIDEO.. Will it start! And some other stuff

When I say number six, I mean number one , I still haven’t got used to it being back to front.
3 Likes

Jim,

That’s quite good.

Eric

BTW, your new pipe and anti-blowback valve look exactly the same as mine and I think you have all the bits.

Hooray!
Your starting carb body should feed out the bottom of the solenoid valve to the starting pipe.
I’ve been wondering, how does one post videos on this forum?

Jim,

Your progress is heartening. A big step to see the engine start. Wish I was retired and had more time to work on all of my projects. Fiat will be finished in two weeks then more focus in the xk.

I know it’s not a jag but I do love the little Italian cars.

Matt

1 Like

That does look good, eldest brothers into Lancias in a big way from way back.

Hi Rob
I use my phone with an app called “ActionDirector” You can download that for about $5 . They include a lot of how to videos if you want to get fancy with editing and effects. When you have completed your video it also provides a link to share it via YouTube. Let me know if you get stuck. I am sure everyone would like to see your videos. Jim

Great little engine!

Isn’t that just a thrilling feeling?

I’ve started thousands of engines, and in every instance, I’ve rebel-yelled the same thing…

IT’S ALIVE!!!”

Well done james. Great feeling as Paul says.

Great job!!
A lot of us have learned and enjoyed following your project. Look forward to more.
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Incredible first start!! That shows great preparation!

1 Like

Well done, Jim - great stuff. Just got to work out the blower installation now and you’re there.