Wanted: JS261 Switch

Wanted: JS261 A/C blower speed switch to investigate, photograph and see if it can be repaired.

Switch is used on Series 2 and Series 3 A/C Evaporators.
If you have or anticipate replacing your blower switch I will pay shipping for your old switch.
PM me at OV1pilot@aol.com if you have a non-operational switch.

Happy Trails,

Dick

Let me know if you find one: it may be the same switch as on my Rovers, and I have zero use for them.

Paul, Do you have a picture or catalog drawing of the Rover switch. Also, what model and year Rover?

Thanks,

Dick

Dick:

Is that the three speed and off switch that screws to the back side of the temperature control switch? If so, they can be repaired, depending of what’s happened inside them.

I’d try to post some links to previous threads on the subject but the search function is throwing errors.

EDIT: Search function works now.

Ill have to dig one out.

They can be repaired. The reason we took the switch apart was there was no high or medium speeds. We cleaned the burnt contacts then the job of getting it back together. Dad clamped the base in a vice to hold it and my brother and I used some small diameter steel wire to pull back all three contacts while dad put the top on and clamped it back together. It lasted a few years before quit working again. Back then we could still buy a new one from Jaguar and the new on lasted a lot longer.

The switch on the series 2 (69 XKE original equipment air) has a hole thru the shaft for the temp control.
John W

I have one the plastic cam has melted low spots from heat preventing contacts closing.
Have been looking for someone to 3d print the cam. So i can replace the crappy replacement switches that dont rotate to the proper clock positions.
Are you looking for parts for yours?

1 Like